Wednesday 10 April 2013

Learning Stories!

Learning stories are the new "wave " of assessment in FDK. In an article on the subject, Susan Hill writes:

Learning stories capture the context of the learning environment that appears to be enabling or constraining learning. Learning stories are not the same as case studies or running records about children—they are narratives or stories and they need to be a good tale.

My personal goal is to have at least one learning story completed for each student by the time the year is finished. But .. I'm having so much fun writing them that I think I may get more than just one per student. These are posted on my Instagram account (mskiddskindergarten) and I've also created a feed (using a third party website which was free) to this blog so that you don't have to actually have an Instagram account to view them online. 

As soon as I've figured out how to print to the wireless printer at school, I'll be sending home these lovely love notes. Parents and students alike will love receiving these. Not only do they tell what learning is evident, their accomplishments and progression, but they also tell what is happening in the picture to guide further instruction (for teachers). 

Here are a few examples of learning stories that I have created using Instagram:





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment