Sunday 9 September 2012

First Week!

I survived!!!

We spent hours upon hours getting ready for the first day ... and then it was over in the blink of an eye.

We only had a few "criers" on the first day ... and a few "entourages" that accompanied their little ones to class. But after a few quick kisses, parents were on their way. After about an hour, everyone seemed to settle in and they got right down to business - PLAYING! Trains, blocks, trucks, playdough, dolls, painting, you name it ... the children were engaged. Yay, mission accomplished!

I cannot begin to describe how crazy the first week was. It was craaaazy. Although it was also fantastic. I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful school and I am so lucky to be doing what I love each and every day. I love my "job" ... except, if you're a teacher or if you're married to one, you know it's much more than just a "job" ... it's a way of life.

I promised updated pictures of my classroom, so here they are (much more polished than just a few weeks ago, might I add!):






After meeting our little ones, we decided to rearrange a few things ... but for the most part, this is what you would see if you walked into our classroom. Oh, except that it's much messier at the end of the day ... we're working on 'self-regulation' and the expectations of tidying up, but they haven't quite mastered it yet.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment